Friday, July 10, 2009

Holy Cow!

Well, I leave tomorrow and I have to say I am extremely nervous but very much excited for the journey ahead of me. Long trip and an early day tomorrow and I am pretty sure I have everything I need for a safe trip (at least I hope I do). I hope my blog isn't too boring, haha, it's my first stab at it and I hope I leave you all with more exciting posts and pictures in the future.

I will be shadowing doctors at Santa Elena Health Clinic in Ayacucho for the next six weeks and some of my tasks will include: weighing and measuring babies, taking patient vitals, taking patient histories, and I will get to join some of the doctors on house calls. Along with all this, I am going to be participating in an extensive immersion into the Peruvian culture by taking Spanish lessons, dance classes, and trips across the country to get a feel for how the people of Peru live.

From this experience I am hoping to use the knowledge that I gain to learn how to work in less than ideal conditions so that I may help people in the US while I continue my schooling. I hope this hasn't been too essay like, I hope to talk to you all soon! Bye!

1 comment:

M/D/K said...

Got your quick email. Whew! Sounds like it was a long trip. Get some Z's and drop us a note. love ya' M/D/K